Episode 4 : Hunter’s Focus
Episode 4 : Hunter’s Focus
In my haste to get this episode out I overlooked A Comment I received from Njalin which you can read below sorry Njalin. If you do leave a review on Itunes or Zune let me know also let me know what country so I can check the right version
Hi There – I am still not level capped but I do have an idea for the Hunter. I am guessing that the LotRO community would hate it (at least publicly).
I think that it would be in keeping with the hunter to have a way to incorporate a limited form of animal companion to the class.
Before anyone screams OP and no-WoW-Hunters, what I would suggest is a way via a legendary trait to exchange the hunter ability to use traps with a form of ranged snare that looks like some kind of animal (bird, wolf, lynx, etc). The player “fires” the snare which sends the “pet” at the target. I am thinking along the lines of a more limited skirmish soldier (but that could develop like one as well).
In the interest of full disclosure though, I was a WoW Hunter who came back to LotRO not long ago. I would never want the LotRO Hunter to be like the WoW version where the Hunter and Pet share dps output, but I do miss having a buddy with me as I solo around the game.
Before anyone says “just play a Loremaster” my response is – you have no idea how I have tried. I want to like the the loremaster but it has just never clicked with me, which is a shame but there it is.
Anyhow, its just a thought. I am actually pretty happy with the Hunter class.
Thanks for the great show.
Njalin (Dwarf Hunter)
*New or changed legacies are in bold/italics
Ranged Weapon Pool A
- Induction Bow Critical Multiplier
- Focus Bow Critical Multiplier
- Ranged Skill Evade Chance Modifier
- Ranged Skill Block Chance Modifier
- Induction Bow Power Cost
- Merciful Shot cooldown (new)
- Focus Bow Power Cost
- Strength Quick Shot Slow
- Quick Shot Critical Rating
Ranged Weapon Pool B
- Ranged Evade Rating
- Distracting Shot Resistance Penetration
- Burn Hot Damage
- Induction Bow Threat
- Focus Bow Threat
- Heart Seeker Damage
- Endurance Quick Shot Threat
- Barbed Arrow Bleed Damage (upgraded)
- Distracting Shot Cooldown
Melee Weapon Pool A
- Melee Critical Multiplier
- Blindside Critical Rating
- Needful Haste Duration
- Beneath Notice Cooldown
- Find the Path Movement Bonus (new)
- Improved Strength Of Earth Morale Regen
- Precision Stance Critical Magnitude (New)
- Area of Effect Skills Maximum Targets (new)
Melee Weapon Pool B
- Desperate Flight Cooldown (new)
- Stealth Detection
- Swift Stroke Parry/Evade Rating Buff (increased)
- Low Cut Bleed Chance
- Agile Rejoinder Heal Chance (increased)
- Melee Critical Rating
- Press Onward Cooldown (new)
- Traited Intent Concentration Power bonus (new)
Removed Hunter Legacies
*These legacies will no longer appear on new Legendary Items but will stay in place on existing Legendary Items.
- Moving Miss chance
- Camouflage Stealth Level
- Melee Power Cost
- Off-hand Damage